atw: Re: Should we give the users what they want?

  • From: "Brian Clarke" <brianclarke01@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:31:52 +1100

Hi Tony,

I do believe that you are falling into the trap that many first year undergraduates in the social sciences fall into, of thinking that statistics tells us what to do. The adage I used was:
Just because something is, does not mean it ought to be.

When I was a child, I spelled as a child. But, now we are grown up. We have learned how to make lasting, adult choices, based on adult criteria. My choice is for the richness that is English - not the Krap that is used by some unknown percentage of would-be-fashionable children. Noise by the few does not equal power to the people. Some of these children may grow up - and some may actually make adult choices, too.

Regards,
Brian.