atw: Re: Should we give the users what they want?

Hi Austechies

I've come in a bit late on this discussion (I've been away), but it seems that
one of the things that prompted this lively interchange might have been my
article "What if your readers can't read?" in the latest Southern Communicator.
The topic is indeed very thought-provoking, and challenges a number of
strongly-held ideas. (And it's not really about online vs paper!) The article
is based on a presentation I made to the TCANZ Forum in Auckland last year.

If you haven't read the article in Southern Communicator (or in the February
STC Intercom magazine, where it was earlier published), you can find it online
at http://www.hyperwrite.com/Articles/showarticle.aspx?id=84.

I will be reprising the original presentation for the AODC Conference in
Melbourne in March (details at www.aodc.com.au), and I hope this will generate
some hearty discussion and introspection too.

Tony Self

austechwriter-admins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx