atw: Re: Should we give the users what they want?

I wouldn't be surprised if there's been some work along these
lines by the usability testing folks. I'll do some digging and let
you know if anything comes up...

FWIW I'm also one who thinks that the new media are hopelessly
oversold. 95% of the hype about podcasts, vodcasts, blogs, VR,
animations, mashups, multimedia multitasking teenagers, and so on
is tosh.

5% will eventually live up to expectations. It'll just take a few
years of experimentation till we know which 5%. Remember that
the early attempts at CBT, online help systems, web sites, PDFs,
Flash, etc, produced mostly dire results.

Stuart