atw: Re: Should we give the users what they want?

  • From: Bob Trussler <bob.trussler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: austechwriter@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 06:26:39 +1100

I think we have missed one important point.

A lot of people like the online version because they can find things
quickly.

Why go to the library when a Google search gives you lots of references in
seconds?
The obvious answer is that many searches return rubbish, both related or
unrelated.

If you have have read it before, returning to a book will usually give you
relevant information faster.  (Wild unsupported statement)

At the uni library yesterday I spotted a display of those free postcards.
One had the phrase  'WHO NEEDS TEXT BOOKS GOOGLE IT'
Don't get me started ...

Bob T

Bob Trussler
Phone  0418 661 462