[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 13:50:16 -0500

I pray you are refreshed in your journey of faith.

*We welcome Mr. Zoughbi Zoughbi* as our special guest on Sunday. Mr. Zoughbi is a Palestinian Christian living in Bethlehem, State of Palestine, West Bank. Mr. Zoughbi is the founding director of the Wi'am Palestinian Conflict Resolution Center <http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Wi%27am_Palestinian_Conflict_Resolution_Center>. Wi’am (Arabic for cordial relationship) focuses on the building of relationships, cross-community bridges, and the arms of dialogue rather than the dialogue of arms. Mr. Zoughbi earned a M.A. in Peace Studies at Notre Dame University in Indiana. He has also participated in workshops through the Jerusalem Arbitration Center <http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Jerusalem_Arbitration_Center&action=edit>. These workshops are held in an effort to promote peace between Palestinian and Israeli communities. Mr. Zoughbi believes that "warm" peace between peoples will guarantee an enduring peace. Mr. Zoughbi will also speak with us informally during the 11a study time. All persons are welcome to join us.

May it go well with you. Sincerely,