[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:13:09 -0500

I pray you are refreshed and encouraged as you continue your journey of faith.

Laura and I will be in Kansas to attend the WDC Reference Council and a meeting of the Leadership Commission over the weekend.

Ruth Anne will be our preacher this next Sunday. Her sermon title is 'New Earth, Heavens New.' Scriptures she will consider are Jeremiah 14:7-10, 19-22; Psalm 84:1-7; Luke 18:9-14; and 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18.

Next weekend we will celebrate Mennonite Heritage Sunday. So far no one has indicated they will be sharing a story or memory from Mennonite history. All of us, whether we grew up in the Mennonite faith or intentionally became a part of this community, we all have experiences from which a story could be fashioned that would enrich the congregation. We will not have time for everyone to speak, however let us all reflect on our Mennonite heritage that we might be grateful for the blessings of and our participation in this specific witness of faith in the way of Jesus.

The Worship Schedule for the remaining week in October and the Announcements follow.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

_Please pass the hymnals to the aisle after worship._

*Sunday, October 31*, is */Mennonite Heritage Sunday/*. During our worship service we will hear testimonies of memories and experiences cherished by persons in our community. Please consider sharing one of your stories with us.

*Friday, November 4*, 10:00 am. Please join Church Women United in celebrating World Community Day with the theme "Building the Beloved Community". The event will be held at David Chapel Missionary Church located at 2211 Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard (78702). If you want to donate items for the November meeting, please contact Pat Hochstetler, 989-1321.

*Sunday, November 7 /Daylight Savings Time Ends /Set your clocks back one hour before Sunday morning.*

* *

* *

*Saturday, November 13*, 9 am - 4 pm. The 21st Annual Texas Mennonite Sale & Auction for World Relief will be held in Houston, TX at the Holy Cross Lutheran Church, 7901 Westview Dr, 77055. Festivities include the collection of pennies, a bake sale, a craft sale, Ten Thousand Villages tent, a Silent Auction, and the big auction where dozens of quilts, woodworking items, and special Mennonite Central Committee projects will be sold to raise funds for MCC. For more information visit www.texasreliefsale.org <http://www.texasreliefsale.org/>.

Several people from AMC are sewing tortilla warmers to sell in the craft sale. Others will be making baked goods to send along. If you are interested in attending the relief sale, volunteering to work, or donating items to the sale, contact Steve or Pat Hochstetler, srh2pjh@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:srh2pjh@xxxxxxxxx> or call 989-1321.

Worship Schedule October 2010

*Date*

*Theme*

*Scripture*

*Music*

*Worship Leader*

*Preacher*

*Children*

*Story*

*Greeter*

*Décor*

* *

*Nursery*

*11-12*

24

Proper 25

31

Proper 26 Mennonite Heritage Sunday

/Theme: How lovely is your dwelling place/

/ /

/Theme: They shall be like snow/

Jeremiah 14:7-10, 19-22 Ps 84:1-7 2 Timothy 4:6-8, 16-18 Luke 18:9-14

Isaiah 1:10-18

Ps 32:1-7

2 Thess 1:1-4, 11-12

Luke 19:1-10