[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: Garland Robertson <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Austin Mennonite Church <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2008 20:03:07 -0600

I pray you are finding inspiration to help sustain you through the mysteries associated with the Advent promise that God will be present here.

We celebrate the arrival of Immanuel, of God with us! Have we made room for the baby? Are we making room for God to dwell in our lives and hearts? Although the strong and proud appear to be in control, God overshadows us and lifts up the lowly. Like Mary, we open ourselves to God’s face being born within us.

The texts for this next Sunday are 2 Samuel 7:1-11, 16; and Luke 1:26-38, a discussion of considerations for finding a suitable dwelling place for God. The suggestions given in these scriptures will work to compose the sermon, 'I'll be home for Christ....'

May it go well with you. Sincerely,