[amc] a note from the pastor

  • From: "garland robertson" <pastor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Austin Mennonite Church" <amc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 08:30:22 -0600

I trust you will be refreshed and encouraged by the many expressions of
beauty you see and feel around you.

From the time of birth humans are continually provided instructions and
examples.  These observations serve to shape our attitudes and behaviors and
become the source for determining what our individual life will be about-the
vision that will inspire us, the kind of things we will engage, the rules
that will guide our relationship with other elements we encounter along our
journey through the creation.  This consequence will occur unless we
intentionally choose another vision, another way, another guide for shaping
our human experience.  There is blessing associated with the faith and
values we inherit from those who nurture us during our growth toward
maturity.  Yet we become fully developed whenever we find for ourselves a
basis for faith and embrace a value system that coincides with the wisdom we
discover within our personal spirit.  It is easy and more comfortable
perhaps to continue by habit to affirm that which we have been taught, to
practice those behaviors that make life uncomplicated for us, to perpetuate
a value system that works to maintain the safety and prosperity of our
community.  Yet sometimes we know there is a better way.  Having the courage
to follow this lead may be our most noble action.  These thoughts will
compose the sermon for this next Sunday, 'A leader unlike us.'