Re: XY4 in Win7-64

  • From: "Kari Eveli" <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 07:43:29 +0300

>XY4 now appears in a fixed-size window that I am going to try to tweak, but
>it's perfectly readable.

The best way of getting great DOS windows is to install Windows 3.1 and to use
Windows 3.1 DOS boxes. They are the most compatible DOS boxes I have seen, and
performance is better under Windows 3.1 DOS boxes than under plain VPC DOS. For
example, when I run a data-intensive Clipper application under a DOS box the
run time is cut in half.

Advanced tip: By using a bitmap font editor you can change the DOSAPP.FON,
which is used by the DOS boxes. By tweaking DOSAPP.INI you can change the way
Windows 3.1 positions DOS boxes.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)