Re: XY4 in Win7-64

  • From: "Kari Eveli" <lexitec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 07:41:39 +0300

>I suspect it has something to do with the paths to Startup, Settings and the
>thesaurus, but I don't quite understand how paths work within Virtual PC.

Paths work just like normal DOS. Try using Xy in the VPC C: partition to see if
the problem resides in the shared disk. You might try to point the VPC x: disk
to a folder with a DOS-compliant path like C:\disk on the host machine.

Actually I am using Nota Bene 3.0 DOS (= a Xy3+ variant) under VPC 32-bit on
Win XP 32-bit. NB is a bit slow to start compared to Xy and it takes about 3
seconds. My Xy4 copy takes 1-2 seconds to load. The performance should be
comparable to a Pentium-class standalone DOS machine. Using an alias X: disk
makes no difference in my case.

Try other DOS software to see if the problem lies in the VPC installation or if
it is your Xy installation.

Best regards,

Kari Eveli
LEXITEC Book Publishing (Finland)