Re: XY4 in Win7-64

  • From: Carl Distefano <cld@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 22:44:09 -0400

Reply to note from Jon P <xywrite4@xxxxxxxxx> Mon, 16 Jul 2012
16:23:44 -0700 (PDT)

Jon:

Glad the window problem is solved! Nice work.

> Now to figure out CLIP.EXE...

Another stab: Make sure that MSVBVMxx.DLL (where "xx" is a number
like 60, or maybe 50) is in the Path. It probably is, but if not,
download it here:

http://vbnet.mvps.org/files/runtimes/vbrun60sp6.zip

Unzip, then command VBRUN60SP6.EXE at a DOS command prompt. This
installs the DLL file. You should be good to go -- IF that was the
problem.

As I write this, I'm wondering: you do have DOSBox running under
32-bit Windows of some kind, don't you? Forgive the ignorant
question, but note that CLIP.EXE requires Win32.

I really ought to try setting up Xy4 on my wife's Win7-64 machine,
just for the experience. (But then again, there are so many things I
ought to do.)

--
Carl Distefano
cld@xxxxxxxxxx