Re: XY4 in Win7-64

  • From: Jon P <xywrite4@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: xywrite@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 22:42:36 -0700 (PDT)

OK, XY4 is running smoothly in DOSBox with Ed Mendelson's
paste-from-Windows-Clipboard utility. But...

If I use windowed mode and make it anything but 640x480 the type is a
little...fuzzy. Slightly distorted. If I use fullresolution=800x600 it is both
larger and crisper, but blacks out the rest of the screen. That's preferable,
but I often like to bounce between browser and XY4 with both onscreen.

Searching  found me Robert's informative post on changing VGA fonts in
full-screen. But full-screen is not the problem. I wonder if changing the
default font in windowed mode would help. I have downloaded Uwe Siefer's fonts
and installed them in (what is now host system) Windows. And the Speedo fonts
are in c:/xy/btfonts. But nothing I do in Settings.dfl, like putting a Speedo
font in the font line, changes the screen font.

Can someone help me with changing the screen font in windowed mode? Thanks.

Jon Pareles