[wdmaudiodev] Re: System and application sounds difference?

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 10:57:09 +0100

Robert Bielik skrev 2010-11-20 10:43:
Ehm.. seems I was a bit premature. With subsequent tests (and probably more
stable driver) I can't reproduce the above, i.e. if I tear down
the device, set a new format, and reregister it, it shows up and I can stream
to it with the new format. Nice.

Seems again I wasn't. The only reason it worked was that I had my Windows Vista default
format "hack". Without it Windows will only open
my newly destroyed/created device with 44100/2ch/16bits.

Matthew, didn't you say that tearing down the device interface would render
default format invalid so that Windows should requery the
newly registered device ? Or is IUnregisterSubdevice::UnregisterSubdevice not
enough to do this ?

TIA
/Rob