[wdmaudiodev] Re: System and application sounds difference?

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:20:06 +0100

Yuk Lai Suen skrev 2010-11-10 17:59:
Sorry, I'm trying to gather your scenario.

1. You do want your application to only use your VAD device.
2. You do not want other Windows application to use theVAD device while your
application is using it.
3. You do not want Windows system sound to use the VAD device while your
application is using it.

Is that correct?

I'll answer all question simultaneously: The VAD device has only a render
endpoint (from the user viewpoint), my application has a
private audio API towards it to stream audio. So, during my applications
existance, my VAD is the default endpoint, and my application is
streaming audio to another audio endpoint (with filtering in between).

Regards
/Rob