[wdmaudiodev] Re: System and application sounds difference?

  • From: Frank Yerrace <Frank.Yerrace@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 20:53:12 +0000

If you are trying to add software DSP to audio playback and have that used by
all applications, then the proper, supported manner is the audio System Effects
feature. System Effects are packaged with the audio driver so if you don't
manufacture hardware and drivers yourself, then you would need to partner with
a company that does.

Frank Yerrace
Microsoft