[wdmaudiodev] Re: System and application sounds difference?

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:16:47 +0100

Yuk Lai Suen skrev 2010-11-10 23:30:
So you are looking to build an application to broadcast audio?

Well, no. This is the intended topology:

Client application (Spotify f.i.) --> My VAD (default endpoint) --(private API)-->
My UM application -->  Target sound device

This scenario also seems to be broken when another application explicitly
choose to stream to a specific device, instead of the default device.

Not a problem, in that case my application won't be able to stream to it, and
notifies the user so he/she can shutdown the application
which is hogging that specific device.

Also, do you do the same for default communication device?

Actually I'm only interested in the default audio endpoint which is to where a
lot of applications render their audio (many (most?) applications
offer no other choice, Spotify f.i.).

/Rob