[wdmaudiodev] Re: System and application sounds difference?

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 16:29:37 +0100

Matthew van Eerde skrev 2010-11-10 21:35:
A more dramatic way to do this, which works in all versions of Windows, is to
unregister and reregisterg the driver interface (which effectively tears down
the audio device and builds it up again.)

I've now successfully done a variant of the driver where I can
register/unregister the wave/topology miniports through a device control
interface.

Though now I've hit the next hurdle (how surprising when it comes to
Windows...):

If I tear down the "Wave" miniport, and I then want to change the accepted samplerate
from 44100 to 48000, and then reinstall the "Wave" miniport,
it simply doesn't show up in the Vista SCP :(

Oh goody, goody. What fun
"under-the-hood-cool-user-friendly-programmer-unfriendly-feature" is in the
works now ??

I've read that for this to work on Vista (pre SP1) I need to change the name of
the port to something else. But then it won't match the registry
entry as installed via the INF !

This is getting better and better...

/Rob