[wdmaudiodev] Re: System and application sounds difference?

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 10:43:00 +0100

Robert Bielik skrev 2010-11-19 16:29:
If I tear down the "Wave" miniport, and I then want to change the accepted samplerate
from 44100 to 48000, and then reinstall the "Wave" miniport,
it simply doesn't show up in the Vista SCP :(

Ehm.. seems I was a bit premature. With subsequent tests (and probably more
stable driver) I can't reproduce the above, i.e. if I tear down
the device, set a new format, and reregister it, it shows up and I can stream
to it with the new format.  Nice.

Additionally, which is cool, is that if the device was default prior to
unregistering, it will become default upon re-registering, which is
perfect.

So now, as it seems, all that is left to do is to have custom icon/name in the
control panel for the device. Is the inability of the
INF registry settings to propagate to the device property store a known
Vista/Win7 bug ?

If all else fails, I'll need to change the registry settings after device
installation...

/Rob