[wdmaudiodev] Re: System and application sounds difference?

  • From: Robert Bielik <robert.bielik@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: wdmaudiodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2010 08:22:30 +0100

Frank Yerrace skrev 2010-11-20 21:53:
If you are trying to add software DSP to audio playback and have that used by
all applications, then the proper, supported manner is the audio System Effects
feature. System Effects are packaged with the audio driver so if you don't
manufacture hardware and drivers yourself, then you would need to partner with
a company that does.

Dear Frank,

I know. We've been through this before. Due to our earlier discussion (list & off-list)
I've banged my head bloody several months just to be able to support DSP for any audio
endpoint, the Microsoft "blessed" way. Which is not via SysFx.

I'm now at a point where mere cosmetics are needed, i.e. a specific icon/name for the
VAD. My endpoint type is KSNODETYPE_SPEAKER which automatically gives me the speaker
icon, and "Speakers" as device name. No matter what icon/name I setup for the
device in the INF file.

Should I use some other endpoint type for this to work ?

TIA
/Rob