(VICT) Re: dogs in public question

  • From: Infinitepaws@xxxxxxx
  • To: vi-clicker-trainers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 08:51:07 EDT

In a message dated 9/13/2007 10:26:35 P.M. Mountain Daylight Time,
annedie@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
If anyone  has positively oriented, clicker-thought-based suggestions or
solutions  for Martha's story, please go ahead and post them to the list.
Otherwise,  focusing negatively on what other people or their dogs do in
public is  definitely off-topic and not in the spirit of this list, so please
take  the discussion off list.

I am choosing not to respond to her request as it seems very  confrontational
in her choice of questions plus we have nothing to go on  but her word. She
also states that she already knows the answers. Not very  open-minded IMHO.

Kind of clicker training in action.. ignore what you dont like  and encourage
what you do.. smiling wicked grin..

Please folks, lets be careful and prudent in our correspondence on the net.
None of us really knows each other, although I have met some of the folks on
the  lists in person,and  starting a flame-war against the general public and
their training/lack of training wont change that. Education might.

Focusing on the few folks who abuse a law designed to help us uphold our
civil  rights and use our choice of assistive device (lord I hate calling  Alex
that, even if it is true)won't help. Education might. People still  speed and
kill other people, even with a law prohibiting it. Heck, people still  commit
murder, even with the serious, life threatening penalties.. In my  opinion,
that alone is proof that punishment doesn't work.

Sandy Foushee
Infinite Paws-Abilities Training and Service  Dogs
Teamed with Alexandra Guide/Service Dog
Colorado Service/Assistance  Dog Club - Trainer.-