[THIN] Re: OT: Dell PE 1855 Blade Servers

  • From: Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 19:15:26 -0500

Experience, lots of experience with all 3 vendors.  Dell firmware is horrid,
Dell manageability (OpenManage compared to Insight or Director is horrid).
My preference for blades is IBM personally but HP does work as well.  If you
take a side by side look at each vendor, Dell will always comes in a distant
3rd.  obviously this is just my opinion but after working with other
companies that have or have had Dell's and have switched, I'll stick with my
opinion and most of my customers are happier for dealing with another
company all together.  The savings are nice up front (which is why most
companies go with Dell initially) but the long term goes to the other two.

Jeff Pitsch