[THIN] Re: OT: Dell PE 1855 Blade Servers

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://ThinHelp.com" <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 09:17:44 -0800 (PST)

You are reading between the lines.  I was mearly stating to Roger that both IBM
and HP hardware have a bigger stake in the server business and are more
committed to it then Dell ever was or ever will be. I am sure that dell
equipment runs just fine and serves your purpose but there really is no
comparison.  Dell still needs to grow up and decide what kind of company it is
going to be. IBM and HP are already there.
  JK

Evan Mann <emann@com> wrote:
      I've got a couple 7 year old Dell PE servers still running today that
have had zero problems.  One of them is a database server with heavy I/O and
CPU use (it's now relegated to a testing machine, too slow obviously).  So my
experiences tells me that Dell can keep up just fine with the competitors in
terms of quality of equipment, uptimes, etc.  My support experiences have been
top notch as well.