[THIN] OT - IE Security Setting Grayed out on TS2003 Server

  • From: "Ron Jameson" <rjameson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 20:56:18 -0600

I'm hoping the group can help me with this....

The issue I've run into is my TS users cannot access their IE security
settings.  They are grayed out and oddly the internet has no slider bar,
but the others do - still all buttons are greyed out.  I have the IE
Maintenance set to preference mode (reset from previous) and made all
settings to get security to medium, changed GPO under Windows components
to same - it still does not fix.

Any idea where this is being blocked/grayed out from?  I have IE
Maintenance processing enabled but when I do an RSOP from the user - it
shows the policy setting disabled.  I need to get this enabled for users
due to Qbooks 2003/2004 needing to change IE security.

Hope someone knows or has run into this.  Thanks in advance.

Ron Jameson
Hamlin Technologies