[texbirds] Re: unwelcome news from Laguna Atascosa

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "dauphins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dauphins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 21:54:22 -0500

Not to sound anything approaching an authority here but am familiar with some
USFW protocols in related matters. Any take of a fixed number of an endangered
species by whatever means in a given timeframe,as set by that protocol, when
verified constitute the shut down of a project or access to a prescribed area
of designated protection of said species. I do not know the perimeters defined
of what constitutes the max incidental "take" for this cat is but it would seem
for this drastic measure, that limit has has unfortunately been met. Such info
is public info and can be researched.  I can promise you there are some pretty
strict protocols/laws tho on many endangered species and habitats.  Just saying

Sent from my iPhone