[texbirds] Re: unwelcome news from Laguna Atascosa

  • From: "Paul D. and Georgean Z. Kyle" <DWA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <robertjbecker@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "texbirds" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 22:41:33 -0500

Friends,

I generally don't weigh in on this type of discussion, I speak only for
myself, and my opinion will likely not sit well with the group, but...

I have been totally involved and dedicated to wildlife conservation for more
than three decades.  I am not a particularly good birder, nor do I chase
birds - not that I would not like to if I had the time.  However, I do
cherish wildlife and the habitat it needs to flourish and all efforts to
protect it.  I do not personally need to see or experience important bird
habitat or any dedicated wildlife area to support it.  A National Wildlife
Refuge should be just that:  a wildlife refuge.  Public access should be a
secondary consideration at best.

Best Regards,

Paul Kyle