[texbirds] Re: unwelcome news from Laguna Atascosa

  • From: madi.s44@xxxxxxx
  • To: "Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Clay.Taylor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 11:58:06 -0500

Clay and all -

while I am among the many who will mourn the closure of the Bayside Loop at
Laguna, I think it needs to be emphasized that only that portion will be closed
to vehicles.  That still leaves some nice areas accessible - the trails around
the Visitor Center, and Osprey Overlook at the Laguna itself, which can be very
rewarding in the winter.  I know - most of the good birds are on the other
side.... but I just thought a reminder that this doesn't affect the entire
refuge was in order.

Madeleine Sandefur
Laguna Vista, TX

Sent from my iPad