[texbirds] Re: unwelcome news from Laguna Atascosa

  • From: wbburkett@xxxxxxx
  • To: "josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx" <josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 14:41:09 -0400

Joe you may have met some refuge staff who didn't care about their mission but
I haven't. I have met many fine refuge employees who were devoted to their
refuges and the wildlife they are to protect. Some care way too much and some
don't like birders or other visitors who think they know more about refuge
management then the professionals. I admire all the refuge staff who work hard
to manage refuges with declining budgets, crazy politics and complaining
visitors.

Winnie Burkett
Friendswood and the Bolivar Peninsula