Re: [steem] ATARI-ST ROM-Disk

  • From: Trond Einar Garmo <trond.einar.garmo@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 10:59:57 +0100

At 12.02.2004 10:43, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>  I think wolfram is referring to an real ST as opposed to an emulated one.
>As I understand it, he is looking for a way to construct a memory expanding
>cartridge to stick in the rom-port. These were once available in the early
>days of the ST. If you had a half meg of memory and a disk-loaden Tos, you
>could  use the extra 128kb! Tell me if i am wrong!
>
>yy

I have a device called megadisk, which is a cartridge device with 1 MB ram
which could be used as a RAM-disk. These devices were sold up to 4 MB. It
also has a clock and external power supply, so the contents would stay
there after powerdown. Before I bought a harddisk I loaded programs from
there, or I used it as temporary storage.

Trond Einar Garmo

Trond Einar Garmo
kontorsjef
Institutt for kunst- og medievitenskap