Re: [steem] ATARI-ST ROM-Disk

  • From: "Cris Waurechen" <cwaurechen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2004 16:18:29 -0500

>How many do you have?
One

>Which model?
1040STE

>How much do you like it?
It was a wonderful machine, which received daily use to the point of wearing
out the mouse buttons.

>Are you some of you not working in the computer industry now?
I'm now a computer technician at a local college doing PC, Mac and printer
support.

>How did you get yours?
My parents bought it used in 1986 or 1987 I think.  Just after my youngest
brother was born.

>How do you still like to use them?
I used it up until I got a Mac in the mid-late 90's.  It's now in a closet
at my parent's house, but I keep meaning to go pick it up and give it a new
home.

>Do you use Steem in conjunction with your real machine?
I use Steem regularly enough, but the real machine needs the mouse buttons
replaced.

>What are your favourite programs/games?
Degas Elite, NeoPaint, there was a text editor I used a lot in high school,
but I don't recall the name of it.  I played Flood, Time Bandit, Dungeon
Master and Rick Dangerous for hours when I was in high school.

>Do you mainly use original discs or ones found on the Internet?
Mostly stuff from LGD and recently Joe's Ftp.  I have about 200 original
disks stored safely with the machine...

>How do you share your time of personal use between Atari and PC?
I probably run Steem 3-4 times a month, usually for a quick game of Time
Bandit, but I'm in front of computers all day every day, so it's like 5% of
my computer time.