Re: [steem] ATARI-ST ROM-Disk

  • From: "Andrew Bailey" <andrew.bailey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: steem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 11:15:10 +0000

> How many do you have?
Only one :-(

> Which model?
It's a 1040 STfm

> How much do you like it?
From a nostalgic point of view I love it, though it's not been used in
years - it currently lives in a cupboard at my parents house.

> Are you some of you not working in the computer industry now?
Working as an IT techie at the moment, but hoping to change that ;-)

> How did you get yours?
I inherited it from my dad, as he upgraded to a Mega1 - he wanted a blitter
for DTP work.  I added a second floppy with the Blitz Turbo built in (from
Power Computing - they're still going!!!), and a 40mb HDD!  Prior to that I
was using an Atari 65XE, with an 810 floppy drive.

> How do you still like to use them?
I don't have the space to use the real ST these days, but I still play
around with Steem on a regular basis.

> Do you use Steem in conjunction with your real machine?
No.  I did back up some of my work onto floppy years ago, and that's now
available in Steem.  At some point it'd be nice to copy across the entire
hard drive contents though.

> What are your favourite programs/games?
I loved Xenon 2, and still play that even today - I'm learning GBA
programming at the moment, and I'm so tempted to try and convert it.  I
used to mess with STOS quite a lot, and wrote a few nifty programs -
strangely none of them were games though :-)

> Do you mainly use original discs or ones found on the Internet?
Internet these days - I have 40-50 original games, but I suspect that only
a tiny proportion of them would be convertible to a disk image.

> How do you share your time of personal use between Atari and PC?
I mainly use a PC these days, as I'm teaching myself 'C' programming.  I
still play games on Steem quite a lot, and I have this really weird
fascination with ST chip music, so I listen to loads of YM music via
DeliPlayer.

Andy

--
Steem - http://www.blimey.strayduck.com/