[sparkscoffee] Re: Columbine Victim Asks Obama "Whose Side Are You On?"

  • From: Ron George <xgeorge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: sparkscoffee@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 10:11:33 -0700

Kelly,

Really nice to read something intelligent.

RG

On 2/24/2013 9:14 AM, Kelly A wrote:
John,

I think it primarily comes down to religion. Of course, not all Jews in Israel are religious, or even believers, but there are enough religious people in Israel to effectively control their government. That is the main reason why Israel has been lead primarily by conservative governments through it's history. One hallmark of the religious is that as a group they are highly and predictably conservative. Be it Jews, Muslims, Evangelicals, or Mormons... the more religiously orthodox, the more an individual or a group will be socially conservative.

The religious naturally find comfort in the prospect of a father figure. The various sects may have different names for him but all of these world religions have evolved to provide the Conservative with emotional comfort in some sort of intelligent order in the universe. Chaos and chance are terrifying things to anyone, and so it's just natural that most people are drawn to coalesce into groups of like minded believers who together provide reassurance that everything is right in their world, and that at least in the long run, 'Father' will see to it that we his children will be safe.

The Jews who voted for Barack Obama are not the same Jews who would vote for Benji Netinyahu! You can rest assured that it was the more liberal, less religious Jews who voted for President Obama. The President's supporters are who are Jewish will be found to be primarily Jews socially, but not so religious. Remember, it's conservative Americans (mostly Christian) who most actively defend Israel with a literal religious zeal. The most religious take that defense so far as to couch the very existence of Israel and it's eventual destruction as prophesied necessities to occur in order that their own religious delusions may come to pass.

My guess is that many German Jews of the 1930's simply trusted in their elusive invisible father figure in the sky to take care of them through the Nazi years. Of course that never happens, but it does give the religious comfort... all the way to the gas chambers and to the ovens.

Kelly A.