[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: thoughts to ponder

  • From: "judy" <judsohngsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mary@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <LeBrowngsd@xxxxxxx>, <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 08:13:05 -0700

I do know that Specialty clubs need more workers, but even more important at
the show are the combination of judges for the 2 days......with the
exception of the mid west  or So California where the area is very well
populated (with GSDs) where traveling to a dog show is a full days drive or
more it is no longer worth a trip for 1 day...
since gas prices have gotten so high, it goes right down the line to food
cost, hotel rooms etc.   If it is not worth a 2 day trip it is not worth
going
Specialty clubs need to look for compatible judges, and make life as easy as
possible for the exhibitor....It is much eassier to go to a Cluster and stay
put for
3 or 4 days and take a chance on a judge that ddoes not know GSDs   your
chance is as good as anyone elses unless the judge is looking for handlers.
Judy
judsohngsd@xxxxxxx