[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: thoughts to ponder

  • From: Bokenkampgsd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 17:44:15 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/2008 4:13:16 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Two suggestions.....Specialty shows need to be held throughout  the
year...not just in March, April, May, and June.....I can attend at  least two
Specialies on almost any given weekend during these  months....

In a perfect world it would be great.  But being in a  specialty club, we
used to be sistered with another specialty club and  have spring and fall
shows.
The fall one frequently was a week  before, week of, or week after the
national and that hurt entries a lot.  So when we split and went stand alone,
we got
a spring date.  Now,  being in the south, you cannot go past early May to be
outside or its too  hot, and often late  Jan or Feb are still a bit cool down
here and  often wet.  And of course, then there are the futurities.  If  you
can host one every 4-5 years, the extra revenue help keeps you afloat  for the
"leaner" years.
One thing I would really like to say to keep you going is you  must have good
support from other clubs.  Although in Texas nothing  is close to each other,
I find the Texas clubs and exhibitors are great in  supporting one another
and keep the entries to a level we can still have  shows.  Last year we had
only
a couple of handlers and still managed  to make things work with the great
young handlers we have "home brewed"  and I think it still managed to be fun.
And it has to stay being  fun............
I do resent the comments that no good dogs show up at AB  shows.  I have a
lovely Jamiroquai son I showed last month in Houston  for 4 and 5 pt majors
that
took breed 2 days and a grp 1 on one of them  with a totally unknown handler
and the judges comments for him were  basically on target with my thoughts of
him after 36 years of  breeding.
And referring to Wendys post, I have again just recently told  someone to be
true to yourself, like what you have in your back yard and  pursue your
dreams.  Eventually, if you hold firm and keep educating  yourself, dreams can
come
true.

Molly

Trillia German Shepherds  since 1972 ph 409-287-3940
Member GSDCA, GSDCC, GSDC of Beaumont, Life  member CKC
"Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone  amateur
built the Ark. A large group of professionals built the  Titanic"

deal here.