[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: thoughts to ponder

  • From: "Peggy" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "sally" <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>, <TISHW@xxxxxxx>, <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:27:50 -0400

But not here.  We just had two specialties on a weekend when we used to have
huge entries, with the shows in the same place, and then adjourn to an
allbreed that also drew majors (where Gail showed Sel. Ch. Conan one year,
and Jimmy showed Sel Ch. Rosie)...
in heat that was worse than you can imagine.  Tish and many others can back
me up on that.....there'd be heaps of orange quarters near the gate, for the
handlers to grab on their way by...........nobody does that anymore around
here, either...........
     and we have specialties here in December.........sometimes it's so cold
we might as well be in Minnesota.......
     and there are other specialties within easy driving distance--all year
long.
     Doesn't matter..........specialty entries are down and the allbreeds
can draw big majors......why is that?  It has nothing at all to do with the
time of year, not around here, sorry.
       Peggy