[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: thoughts to ponder

  • From: TISHW@xxxxxxx
  • To: pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2008 10:27:36 EDT

In a message dated 8/22/2008 10:17:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Why are  so many people avoiding specialties and going to the all breed
shows...and  not all of those, either, but the ones with judges who really
have no  business evaluating our breed?  What is going on  here?

Thank you Peggy.  I've been wondering the same thing myself.  I  know the VA
specialty shows in May had a very poor entry while the all breeds in  NJ drew
majors with a judge who was greatly criticized on this List and people
resolved not to show under.  The recent D.C. shows drew poor entries.   When I
was
living here (in the dark ages I guess before all entries started  declining)
these shows drew 5 point majors when it took a lot of dogs to make a  5 point
major.

The Specialty Shows will have a hard time surviving on entries of 25-30  dogs
(or less).  How will they continue to pay judge's expenses as well as  the
other fees that are involved in putting on a show?

I hope someone out there has some good ideas on what can be done about this
problem.

Tish

deal here.