[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ear taping

  • From: DOGSRLUV@xxxxxxx
  • To: gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, irrenhaus4@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 11:10:55 EST

I loved the Skin Bond and yes they do not make it anymore.  But, if  you
use the alternative Torbot Bonding Cement it is pretty good and if you want
to make it stickier, you can first clear the ear well and apply Tincher of
Benzine (sp?).  Make sure to have the adhesive remover around so if  you need
to remove it, it is not hard or tortures's to the dog.  You can  buy this
at Natures Farmacy with a nice selection of tape for very reasonable
price....  here is a link if you interested.
_http://www.naturesfarmacy.com/store/results.php?category=34_
(http://www.naturesfarmacy.com/store/results.php?category=34)

I know, I know and I will not put anyone down for using what they want, BUT
 I had a bitch years ago damn near lose her ears over a reaction to 3m
weather  stripping and I had to wait almost a month to re tape for her to heal,

so  or me it is not worth but I understand that it works well for some,
plus the  people that used it had no solutions to get it off at the time....So
it was  horrid for that dog.

As for the Tear mender, I used it once to glue ears together and it worked,
 but on of my silly pups must have got hung up with her ears and they tore
apart  ripping all the hair off to the skin...No bleeding and no worst ware.

Everyone has their own techniques use what works for you....
Debbie Kaser
Mariner's Shepherds
_www.marinershepherds.com_ (http://www.marinershepherds.com)

In a message dated 11/1/2009 7:24:47 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Years  ago I used that, but it really irritated my pups' ears.  When I
heard that Skin Bond was meant for adhearing appliances to skin in the
hospital, I thought I'd try it.  Skin Bond was awesome, in my  opinion.  Since
it
is not available, I tried the Tear Mender and it  didn't irritate the ears
like the weatherstrip  adhesive.
Gina
ROYAL T  SHEPHERDS

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org