[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: vets

  • From: "Maureen" <murk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 10:15:04 -0600

Cindy,
    I too give my own shots but I buy them from Brad at cost. He has been my
Vet since he graduated from Texas A&M 16 years ago. He has learned over the
years to trust me and that I know what I am talking about. Favorite Vet
story? He was new fresh out of School and I took a pup to him that had a
touch of demotic on her face. Ask for the mitaban in mineral oil, I was out.
I saw him hemming and hawing and finally asked if he felt better to do a
skin scrapping, and he said YES! I let him do it and it was just minutes he
came back in the room saying, " I concur with your diagnosis Dr Murkland"
grinning ear to ear. Lordy, I have heard that many times over the years. He
also knows that when I say something is wrong, he KNOWS something is wrong
and looks till he finds it.
   I have never had a problem with what he charges and why, cause he has
ALWAYS been fair. His little son Bo was in the clinic several days in a row
and I had to take a dog back for a recheck. Bo looked at me and siad "You
here AGAIN?" His Dad told him to be nice, I was one of the people putting
him thru college some day". Vets have to make a living too! They get called
out all times of the day and night, I KNOW cause when I NEED Brad, he is out
the door. Lord, I can't even imagine the amount of bad checks Vets get
slammed with. Mo