[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ear taping

  • From: "Cyndi Flautt" <caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Elsyd1@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 08:55:18 -0600

People are always giving bad advice. ( present company accepted  (?) ....no,

excepted!). The best you can do is to support them with  the jumbo Goodie
rollers, 3M weather stripping adhesive (I know, I know, you all  have your
favorite "kinder" glues, but this works best), and is also  kind....tape the
ears
with sports tape after gluing, and tape them so they stand  "outward", to
the
sides, sometimes even possible to double tape a "bridge" with  a popsicle
tape
between ears to keep them apart. These inward facing ears are  always caused
by
a very strong "pocket" in the inner corner of the ear,  where it meets the
head. If you can glue something in the pocket  to poke it out a little, that

will help.  It can be corrected easily  when younger...Good luck. Bring it
on,
I'm ready. LOL Syd

Good advice, Syd!  Over the years, goodie foam rollers and 3M glue has been
the only thing that has worked for me.  If I see a potential problem with an
ear, I start early, and (knock on wood) haven't had to use a bridge of tape
to separate the ears.  It seems like the size and weight of the rollers let
the pup "use" the ears which helps make them stronger.....JMO :-)

Cyndi
www.carettigsd.com