[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ear taping

  • From: Erynbrook@xxxxxxx
  • To: caretti1@xxxxxxxxxxx, Elsyd1@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 14:54:03 EST

People are always giving bad advice. ( present company accepted  (?)  ....no,
excepted!). The best you can do is to support them with  the  jumbo Goodie
rollers, 3M weather stripping adhesive (I know, I know, you  all  have your
favorite "kinder" glues, but this works best), and is  also  kind....tape the
ears with sports tape after gluing, and tape them  so they stand  "outward",
the sides, sometimes even possible to  double tape a "bridge" with  a popsicle
tape between ears to keep them  apart. These inward facing ears are  always
caused
by a very strong  "pocket" in the inner corner of the ear,  where it meets
the
head. If  you can glue something in the pocket  to poke it out a little, that
will  help.  It can be corrected easily  when younger...Good luck. Bring  it
on, I'm ready. LOL  Syd

Good  advice, Syd!  Over the years, goodie foam rollers and 3M glue has  been
the only thing that has worked for me.  If I see a potential  problem with an
ear, I start early, and (knock on wood) haven't had to use a  bridge of tape
to separate the ears.  It seems like the size and weight  of the rollers let
the pup "use" the ears which helps make them  stronger.....JMO :-)

Cyndi
www.carettigsd.com

*****
Count me in too! The rollers stay in longer with the Weatherstripping
Adhesive, they are light weight allowing pups to work those ears and the pups
are
not bothered by them. No muss, no fuss once they are in, and nature takes  its
course with the adhesive.  Used this method for decades with great  success

Susan  Casey
Erynbrook German Shepherds
Front Range German Shepherd  Rescue