[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: ear taping

  • From: Elsyd1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2007 00:15:36 EST

In a message dated 1/13/2007 3:19:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
izakabuska@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Can  someone tell me how to tape ears APART ???  I have a young bitch whose
ears tip in and touch - she is already about 7-8 months old and someone told
me not to worry about it, that when the skull broadens, the ears will come
apart, but it is not happening.  I would really like to helpe these ears  -
thanks -
Iza  Kabuska
http://www.karizmashepherds.com

People are always giving bad advice. ( present company accepted  (?) ....no,
excepted!). The best you can do is to support them with  the jumbo Goodie
rollers, 3M weather stripping adhesive (I know, I know, you all  have your
favorite "kinder" glues, but this works best), and is also  kind....tape the
ears
with sports tape after gluing, and tape them so they stand  "outward", to the
sides, sometimes even possible to double tape a "bridge" with  a popsicle tape
between ears to keep them apart. These inward facing ears are  always caused by
a very strong "pocket" in the inner corner of the ear,  where it meets the
head. If you can glue something in the pocket  to poke it out a little, that
will help.  It can be corrected easily  when younger...Good luck. Bring it on,
I'm ready. LOL Syd

SYD  MAILBERG
23910 SE 276TH ST
MAPLE VALLEY, WA  98038