[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The difference between handlers

  • From: "Beryl" <arelee_1020@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx>, <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 19:17:26 -0700

I agree with Jamie. I had an experience that soured me on a particular
handler. And no I won't name names, not now, not ever ! The thing that
griped me most about that was to think the handler thought I was so naive I
didn't not know what that handler was trying to do.
I also agree with Kathy Tank in regards to ethic's and the way Ken manages
the dogs he shows. It has been so many years, I may not be correct, but if I
am he did handle a bitch of my breeding to select. CH Arelee's Jama'a.
Ask him for me, will you Kathy ? He can probably remember better than I, he
is younger !! LOL
Gail Sprock handled for us also and took a 9-12 puppy bitch to RWB at the
National, under Connie in 1980 or 81. She went on to finish at an early age
by going BOB at the GSDC of San Diego, and that judge's name escapes me at
the moment.  I think it may have been Bud Drew.That was CH. Arelee's
Spellbound. Bud you can correct me if I am wrong.
There are some great handler's and most of them are ethical and do their
best for you and the animal you entrusted to them.
My (late) husband was also an AKC lic. handler.

Beryl Eshom
Arelee
Davis, CA