[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The difference between handlers

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 13:25:59 -0400

Right you are Diane.  Because LaMar handled mostly on the east coast
where I lived, I was delighted to see him in the ring all the time.
He'd chit chat ringside while he was standing in the ring waiting for
his turn to present his dog.  One constant with him......he might have
been talking to you, but his eye was always on the judge.  He'd always
bring attention to his dog, by proclaiming, "Darling, take a look at my
dog.  Did you ever see anything so gorgeous?"  Still with one eye on the
judge.  There was no one then, or no one now in my opinion that could
stack a dog like LaMar.  How many times he'd get down on one leg to hold
his body and the other leg straight out in front of him with his weight
leaning on his back leg.  All eyes were on that dog.  He almost defied
you to deny him........he was a "master" of the game.  He was a colorful
character alright and brought excitement in the ring because you always
looked at the dog he was presenting that day.  And I guess you could say
that that word "presenting" is key.......because that's just what he
did; he knew how to "present" your dog.  Best,  Barbara