[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The difference between handlers

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dan-ann@xxxxxxxx, Showgsd-l <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 14:22:40 -0700

I guess Sally we will have to agree to disagree here...
and you know I love you to pieces.
I think a handler with INTEGRITY has every right to own , co-own or breed
dogs.  Again
I believe it is all about "transparency" with your clients.  Also if we take
a client's dog in
and send our own in with someone else...it may just be because we fell the
CLIENT'S dog
has a better shot at winning..or because the client's dog has "issues" and
we don't want to hand off
the dog to just anyone and take a chance that it won't perform it's best.
It is ALWAYS a team decision with
us, whenever possible.  We confer with the owner if we make handling
changes....otherwise generally speaking
SENIOR dog goes in with the handler , regardless of who's on the papers.
We breed dogs because we have a vision for what we like, demand....many do
not share the same vision.
Our breeding program has NOTHING to do with how we show dogs for our clients
or ourselves.  Usually
our dogs are the last to finish, or major, because our first priority is the
CLIENT.....

But again Dear Lady....that's just us.
Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Home of :
CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH. Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne Isle

WEBSITE PUP-DATED SEPT 22, 2008