[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD

  • From: "Sally Hayden" <dan-ann@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <rhartrid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <edangsd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 08:31:28 -0500

Gee  - I must not have read Carolyn's post very well - The one I read talked
about the problems of living with a long coat  out in the country, the snow,
burrs, and feet problems

And I agree with her.  I have only had one long coat for one year and after
the first year I found a home in town for her.  Where she did not have to
put up with the snow packing in her long coat and turning to ice.  Burrs and
weeds sticking to her coat  etc  - Now if I had a heated kennel  with
automatic snow removal and never took my dogs for long runs in the fields
it would work keeping a long coat but since my dogs live out and get to run
with me it does not work- and whether they could produce well or not I will
not subject my dogs to  not having fun with me

Sally
www.embroiderybysally.org