[ SHOWGSD-L ] THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD

  • From: Barbara Galasso <uwish@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carolyn mckenna <carolynmckenna@xxxxxxxxx>, 'Showgsd-l' <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 19:27:42 -0400

Hey Carolyn:  I'm very interested in what you said about the coats and
shoulders.  The coated male that I have the picture of on my blog with
this subject had an exceptional shoulder.  Now his sire (Doppelt-Tay's
Steel Curtain) parents were known for their sidegaits - Scorpio and
Gilda, so that could be the reason my dog had the shoulder that he did.
For those who say that there is a connection with coats and shoulders,
why is that?  What does coat have to do with bone placement?  Just
curious to know the reasons behind this thought???   Barbara