[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD

  • From: "Norma Ramey" <gsdramey@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <murfamx4@xxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:57:47 -0500

Yep, we all do have our opinions and it's good to have the variety.  Yes, if
people continue to use the
long coated dogs in breeding, it'll always be there, but it has anyway and
it's not a biggy compared to
a lot of serious faults for sure.   There'll never be a "bunch" of unwanted
coated dogs I know since
if there was going to be, we'd already have them by now.  As mentioned also,
Germany and other
places, the coat thickness isn't looked on as a real problem.  Also, some of
the best brood bitches
were long coats in the past as well as recent times.  I can't think of her
complete name but the one
uppermost in my mind that was really great ---  Elsa von Grunestahl (sp.)!!
Fun thread!   Norma