[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: THE LONG COATED SHEPHERD

  • From: Kay Reamensnyder Betty Doerpinghaus <bedkar@xxxxx>
  • To: <murfamx4@xxxxxxx>, GSD list <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 19:53:39 +0000

It's NOT a disqualifying fault:

DIAQUALIFYING FAULTS:

Cropped or hanging ears

Undershot bite

Noses that are not predominantly black

Docked tails

White dogs

Any dog that attempts to bite the judge

SERIOUS FAULTS:

Faults in gait, either from the side or coming and going.

Missing teeth other than a first premolar

Tails to short or with clumpy ends due to ankylosis

Pale washed out colors and livers and blues

Timid, shy or nervous dogs

FAULTS:

Coats that are soft, silky, too long outter coat,

Wooly, curley and open coats

UNDESIREABLE:

Overshot jaw or level bite

There are many things worse in this breed, to worry about,

than longcoats.

 -Kay Reamensnyder and Betty Doerpinghaus
 -Home of Bedkar German Shepherds
 -bedkar@xxxxx
 -Visit our Website:  www.bedkargsd.com