[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: July Review

  • From: "anthony amoroso" <triplea7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 07:43:22 -0700

Over thirty years ago I was asked along with Charlie Nofflett to write a new
code of ethics for the club.
We did and when I presented it to the board I was laughed out of the room.
Recently, our president contacted me because he had heard about our code and
asked for a copy. The original code was long time gone but the Rottweiler clubs
around the country had picked it up and adopted it. (long story)

I found a Rott copy and sent it to our president. He said he liked it and that
the GSDC really needed it at this time. And he was going to submit it at the
July meeting.

I hope I don't get laughed out of the room again !!!

Tony Amoroso

Ps;
If we had had that code in place there would be no need to apologize to anyone
again.

  From: <ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
  Subject: Re: July Review
  Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 0:54:41 -0400

  With the circumstances at hand, it is fitting that we do apologize to =

  him! After all we afforded him a private opportunity to plead his =

  case, we listened to what he had to say, we accepted his gifts, =

  believed his line of crap and we voted him in! THEN we realized that =

  we were idiots for voting him in, got our attorneys and who ever else =

  was involved to seek and find every  possible loop hole that would =

  help in our effort to get rid of him. In the mean time, this JA is so =

  excited about pulling one over our eyes that he writes this =

  nausiating post on his web site about how the GSDCA voted him in and =

  that he is justa fancier,blah blah blah blah.......THEN we kick him =

  out!!!! What do we need to apologize to him for? First, for treating =

  him different than any NORMAL applicant seeking membership! HAd we =

  posted his name prior to him being accepted, 99.99% of the GSDCA =

  members would have raised enough hell and that would have been that! =

  Instead we treat him like is is some kind of royalty(other than a =

  royal pain in the u know what!!!)and we had to backtrack our way out =

  of this mess, which ended with us apologizing to him. IMO, it is a =

  small price to pay to have him disassociated with our organization. =

  Hopefully lessons have been learned and it will not happen again. =

  JMO,
  Mike Crowson
  > =

  > From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx<mailto:VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx>
  > Date: 2007/07/11 Wed AM 10:34:42 EDT
  > To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  > Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] July Review
  > =

  > Our President had advised us some time ago, on what  conditions he =

  and the =

  > Board had to meet in order to have a former applicant  withdraw his =

  name without =

  > suing the club. But when I actually saw the apology  written by him =

  in the =

  > July Review,I cringed. Actually I got sick to my  stomach that this =

  bully had =

  > forced our President and  Board  into degrading themselves ,just to =

  satisfy the =

  > applicant's  ego. I speak as a 50 yr GSDCA member,Past President, =

  Past Vice =

  > Pres.,30 years as  membership chairman,serving on the Board under =

  eight =

  > different Presidents.  Education chairman,and now Hero dog =

  Chair.What's next.?? Do we =

  > apologize to all  applicants that are denied membership..What is =

  this club =

  > coming to??.I hate to  see how the rest of the Dog community reacts =

  to this , =

  > Helen Miller  Fisher

  For assistance, please contact the List Management at
admin@xxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:admin@xxxxxxxxxxx>.

  VISIT OUR WEBSITE - www.showgsd.org<http://www.showgsd.org/>