[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: July Review

  • From: "pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx" <pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 06:22:04 GMT

Apparently, in our lame-duck president's mind, some people ARE more =

important, and special, than others.  Who else would allow a last-
minute change to the Official Agenda of the GSDCA Annual Meeting to =

allow a long-winded Purina Infomercial, inconveniencing many long-
time members, at the least, and then, the icing on the cake, write =

AND PUBLISH that sniveling apology to a commercial puppy broker? =

Made me sick, too, Helen, and doubly so because of the necessity of =

apologizing to other breed club members for the actions of OUR CLUB.  =

It IS degrading and humiliating; for the first time in my 31 year =

membership with the GSDCA, I was seriously considering tendering my =

resignation. I have never been one to quit, so will hang in and hope =

for fresh air, open air, in our upcoming elections.  Hope springs =

eternal, eh?

And, Mike, it would have been more that 99.99%; let's please NOT =

forget who else voted Hunte in to our club. The pres did NOT stand =

alone.....please DON'T forget that!!  I wonder why those other =

members didn't sign the apology, too, they should have.  No guts; no =

glory.

Paula, 95 days and counting =

P.S. To clarify, I have NO qualms with Purina; I have been a =

Breeder's Club member for many, many years (back when I was a =

breeder) and have fed tons of their product, and still do, now and =

then, especially when I require a special needs formula. I do wish =

they would go public, though!!

From: <ruready8336@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: July Review
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 0:54:41 -0400

With the circumstances at hand, it is fitting that we do apologize to =

him! After all we afforded him a private opportunity to plead his =

case, we listened to what he had to say, we accepted his gifts, =

believed his line of crap and we voted him in! THEN we realized that =

we were idiots for voting him in, got our attorneys and who ever else =

was involved to seek and find every  possible loop hole that would =

help in our effort to get rid of him. In the mean time, this JA is so =

excited about pulling one over our eyes that he writes this =

nausiating post on his web site about how the GSDCA voted him in and =

that he is justa fancier,blah blah blah blah.......THEN we kick him =

out!!!! What do we need to apologize to him for? First, for treating =

him different than any NORMAL applicant seeking membership! HAd we =

posted his name prior to him being accepted, 99.99% of the GSDCA =

members would have raised enough hell and that would have been that! =

Instead we treat him like is is some kind of royalty(other than a =

royal pain in the u know what!!!)and we had to backtrack our way out =

of this mess, which ended with us apologizing to him. IMO, it is a =

small price to pay to have him disassociated with our organization. =

Hopefully lessons have been learned and it will not happen again. =

JMO,
Mike Crowson
> =

> From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
> Date: 2007/07/11 Wed AM 10:34:42 EDT
> To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] July Review
> =

> Our President had advised us some time ago, on what  conditions he =

and the =

> Board had to meet in order to have a former applicant  withdraw his =

name without =

> suing the club. But when I actually saw the apology  written by him =

in the =

> July Review,I cringed. Actually I got sick to my  stomach that this =

bully had =

> forced our President and  Board  into degrading themselves ,just to =

satisfy the =

> applicant's  ego. I speak as a 50 yr GSDCA member,Past President, =

Past Vice =

> Pres.,30 years as  membership chairman,serving on the Board under =

eight =

> different Presidents.  Education chairman,and now Hero dog =

Chair.What's next.?? Do we =

> apologize to all  applicants that are denied membership..What is =

this club =

> coming to??.I hate to  see how the rest of the Dog community reacts =

to this , =