[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Stud Dog Fees

  • From: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx
  • To: nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Terraf@xxxxxxxxxxxx, sally@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 10:38:15 EDT

In a message dated 7/12/2007 9:17:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
nancy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I would  encourage everyone to study CAREFULLY, the Pembroke Corgi
REQUIREMENTS for  membership.  I do not understand how they PWCCA can "get
away" with  such strict ethics when we are continually told that we would get
in  "trouble" if WE tried to emulate the same standards for the safety of  our
breed.
Nancy

 Who told you that??. As membership chairman for 30 years,I had very  strict
guide lines,did my own investigations, on complaints,using local
police,checking with members in the area the applicant  lived   ,checking with
the two
sponsors by phone--today would be easy with email and we  ended up with 6000
members in 1989-90 when I ceased being membership chairman.  During that time
,only 4 people were denied membership, 3 people were  disciplined &  had their
membership taken away,of which  one  reapplied according to the By Laws after a
certain period,with correction to the  problems,and was accepted. Has it not
been shown and talked about that this is a  PRIVATE CLUB,and you may have as
strict as requirement as you want. Whatever you  come up with,I'm sure ,after
this last fiasco,the membership will pass on it  when submitted to them Helen
Miller Fisher